Dancing Through The Fire

Its been an interesting couple of days, I'm glad to say my eating is on point. Mental, that's another story. Our microwave died which is how I usually cook my veggies, well I decided to boil them on the stove the other day. As I sat in the kitchen watching the pot waiting for it to get to a boil, a fire suddenly ignited underneath the pot. Suddenly there were flames starting to consume the pot. At first I was so shocked at what had just unfolded, after all I originally planned to go back to my room and let the veggies tend to themselves, but I didn't!

A first wave of panic hit me, as I got up and saw the flame getting bigger. I removed the pot real quick before it would be completely engulfed. Once I had removed it all I could see was the fire engulfing the entire burner, I suddenly imagined the entire house burning down, if nothing else a completely destroyed kitchen. I literally said "oh no" several times as it was totally a bit overwhelming. Finally I snapped out of it and tried taking action, I made the mistake of blowing on it, that didn't help matters at all. Then I just stood there for a second in terror thinking there was nothing I could do, then I grabbed a towel that we keep in the kitchen and started batting at it, it eventually started to go down, and soon went out.

I stood there for a moment shaken, there were tiny bits of black ash particles floating in the air. I sat down and tried collecting myself but there was no taming the anxiety I had. I just kept thinking of how that could have ended up with losing everything, I was also thinking my mom wouldn't not have handled the same situation well, I kept thinking what if  I were gone and that had happened to her. I ended up going to bed early that night. My nephew and brother are staying with us, but they weren't home, neither was mom. I remember wanting to vent to someone so bad.

In the end I'm actually still shaken from the event but I'm rather proud of myself, I could have gave in to my anxiety and initial panic and froze and watch as the kitchen and home burn to ashes, but I took action and got through it.

Popular posts from this blog

Move Along Move Along, Just To Make It Through

Weigh-in: Seeking Redemption Cove

Boring Weekend Nears Its End

Archive

Show more