How The Appointment Went

Today Yesterday was another scheduled appointment with UC's weight loss surgery team/program. I've already stated how I felt going into this appointment after just last month being told I gained so much weight my insurance would never approve it (if presented).

So how'd it go? You decide. First thing first. I had to get weighed-in. Like all my appointments since my last visit I've turned away so I couldn't see the results, thus I haven't known what if any progress I've made. I just know I felt the drive in my bones again.

So I sat in a room for a bit then the doctor who I seen last time came in. I wasn't there to see him. The lady I was supposed to see was very backed up with clients and he was free. The first thing he asked me was what have you been doing the last month? I ask him what does he mean. He's looking at a laptop with my information on it with a flabbergasted expression. He says, like with meals and stuff you've lost 24lbs in a month. He was genuinely proud of me and he let that be known (a thousand times). I told him of the changes I've made and he was overjoyed. It clicked to him that I'm quite capable, but what came next shocked me.

He asked me if I was ready to continue with the next step. I asked exactly what that was. He said that they'll seek approval from insurance and then after that we setup a date. I became uneasy by this. He assured me it wouldn't be a sudden process there would be several months after the insurance approval that the surgery would occur and the approval itself could take a while.

Good. I actually never gave answer, but as we finished up he was like okay let's get you set up with scheduling and you'll be good to go, again I'm proud of you good job I awkwardly said something like thank you or idk really but I honestly never know how to respond to this gs like that. Anywho. I honestly don't remember when that appointment was set with or with who or why. I have another appointment that was already scheduled for the 18th and I forget what that's for too. Anyways.

Ugh I don't know what to do or how to correctly feel. I feel like I shouldn't get the surgery just attempt doing it all myself again. I also don't want another situation like when I was 18 had the opportunity to get gastric bypass and didn't. And my weight quite literally skyrocketed and I eventually hit 600lbs and the rest is history.

So do I ghost the rest of the program? Ugh I really need some serious input.


Popular posts from this blog

Move Along Move Along, Just To Make It Through

Mental Illness & Obesity, Seems One Is Getting The Best Of Me

Interview With A Vampire

Archive

Show more