Coming Out With It Already




I reckon it's time I finally discuss the big misery topic I've been so vague about the last few weeks. It's pretty much come full circle now, after a lifetime wait I decided to address it. First in therapy, then to two select friends (not the two you might think), and just recently with my mom. Now I suppose I will here. Obviously it took me a very long time to get to this point, but in the past few months I truly realized I wasn't going to truly be happy  or make any real progress in terms of my mental health if I kept having to repress who I was around other people, if I couldn't just be myself a little bit more. I started truly realizing how much these things mattered. It's hard enough masking your emotions  but masking a whole part of your identity puts an incredible strain on your life, and might be why my depression tends to yoyo so dramatically. Perhaps those days are behind me because finally at 28 I'm ready to be myself, be brave, be honest and say I'm gay.

Comments

  1. So very proud of you!!! I hope you are supported the way you deserve to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've felt able to talk about this, not so much here but to your mother and friends and therapist. Being gay is very normal and accepted where I live but I don't know what your community is like there, so I hope everyone important to you is cool with it and helps you feel more comfortable in your skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Natalie, everything is going pretty good so far

      Delete
  3. I've been reading you awhile, and love watching you grow (and shrink!) and be real and brave. I admire your tenacity, I admire your honesty, I admire your strength (you are stronger than you know).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate everything you said, it means so much to me, thank you!

      Delete
  4. This should make no difference to anybody who matters. Be out and proud! My son is gay, it's never been an issue for me or anybody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol "be out and proud" my aunt said the same thing.

      It truly has been a freeing experience though

      Delete
  5. Is your family (mom) supportive? And your friends? I hope you feel loved above all else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my mom is incredibly supportive so is my aunt and even my grandmother who I honestly was the most concerned about, its been an almost overwhelmingly positive reception. I haven't told all my friends yet, particularly the two I see the most. The ones I have told were great about.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I value, and appreciated any and all feedback, and nothing goes unnoticed. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

🏋️‍♀️

All Hallows Eve, Eve

Tim Tams