Emotional Attachment To Food

I discovered not too long ago that I still have a ways to go before Ive perfected a healthy relationship with food. No this isn't about me making a mistake and falling off the wagon, no things are still going well. But I had a reaction earlier today that made me judge myself. It all had to deal with two pieces of chicken. My mother had 3, but I only had two, and I was upset, I made a big thing over it because in my mind it was the principle.

The truth is it was ridiculous, I only needed the two, and in the end that's all I got. After my weird tiff I sat back and thought to myself so what? Why did that even matter, Ive been dieting and exercising for awhile now and this shouldn't have been a big deal. I should have embraced it, but its almost like for a short time I lost sight what I had been doing, and what I was working for. As much as I've cut back, there still seems to be some deep-seeded attachment to food, and now I know I have to train my mind as much as my body, its just food, no longer is it, or will it be a source for comfort for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Move Along Move Along, Just To Make It Through

My Food Is My Drug, I'll Be Usin' For The Rest Of My Life

Extraction

Archive

Show more