A Disapointing Failure

Well guys, I couldn't do it. I could not make it to 3 miles today. I got just barely got over one mile and called it quits. My body just wasn't being receptive. I woke up with some back discomfort that seemed to be fading way, but came back right as I got ready for my walk. I also have not been mentioning whats been going on with my knee. Lately my left-knee has been getting stiff and maybe even a little swollen. Ive had problems with this knee since I took a tumble in high school and broke my fall with it. Its given me problems before, I was suppose to get it looked at last year but I couldn't  afford to go under the machine they needed to use. They told me that their best guess was that I have some kind of ACL or other ligament damage, but they wouldn't know until  they could use the proper machinery. I was prescribed some anti-inflammatory and some steroidal medication and that seemed to make a subtle difference. But when my knee starts to get heavy usage it gets stiff and swollen. The pain isn't too bad (initially), the problem is that it brings down my mobility 10 fold, I move so much slower because I gets to a state where I cant bend it very much. Its even gotten to the point, in the past, where Ive had to kind-of move it like a wooden leg without bending it at all.

I have been noticing it flaring up since the first week, but generally it wouldn't get to this point, but I was only doing a mile a week then, Ive noticed  it progressing with my progression. I believe in the grand scheme of things I can work through it, but today the rest of my body was just saying "no." I think this can also be attributed the poor sleep patterns I have. I seem to be going to bed on average between 2-3AM, my body just isn't getting the rest it needs in between workouts. Excuses, excuses I know. I'm very much disappointed in myself,  I started this with some heavy (but mostly reasonable) ambitions to increase my mileage a mile every week. I'm in week 4, and I'm still on 3 miles, so I'm already behind. To think that I may already be pushing myself too far is devastating, and I cant even make any claims about rebounding tomorrow because I'm unsure. I'm going to do what I can though. I guess the silver-lining to today's turn of events is that something is better than nothing, 1 mile is better than 0 miles. I think I may need to evaluate my routine a bit.


Popular posts from this blog

Move Along Move Along, Just To Make It Through

Weigh-in: Seeking Redemption Cove

Evil People, With Powerful Things, Do Massive Things

Archive

Show more