The Not So Happy, Happiest Day Of My Life


Here is a picture of me at my high school graduation. This should have been one of the happiest days of my life, but behind that perfected fake smile is a lot of pain. I had lost over 30 pounds my senior year walking 5 times a week, drinking plenty of waters, cutting back on meals and swapping junk foods for yogurt. But that 30 pounds lose was invisible to the naked eye, and I still was, and felt huge. I remember the outfit my mother bought me, she actually dared to buy me a 4x shirt from Kmart, I was struggle with 6x then, so this was shocking. To my surprise it it fit, though incredibly snug, and it left a good portion of my belly exposed, but she bought me some black stretching pants, I just had to wear them over my belly.

My mom said I Was handsome, but the truth was, I looked and felt a mess. And when I arrived at the high school it got worse. I was pretty much alone, as I looked around amongst my peers, looking for distant friends, I had no one. I simply stood in one spot until we had to board the bus which would take us to the place where the ceremony was held. I felt so out of place, the bus ride was just as bad. I hate looking at this picture, because I can see the pain, I couldn't enjoy what I had achieved because I was so distracted by my weight. I tried not to look anyone in the face for fear that I made catch them starring at me. I want to get to a point where I dont miss out on my life's enjoyable moments because I'm so worried about being judged, or looked at, or feeling fat.

Popular posts from this blog

Move Along Move Along, Just To Make It Through

Weigh-in: Seeking Redemption Cove

Crumbling Cookie

Archive

Show more