Desist, Abstain, Refrain



Ok. Another bad day in the bag, fine. Yes, I ate like a black hole, sucking down everything in its path into oblivion, but all hope isnt lost... for the future. I have to stop listening to the addict in me, the addiction, stop letting it win. Ive been letting it control my life the past several weeks but moreso in the last 7 days. Its like the food is calling to me, but this isnt just a sudden occurance, their is a source, my new mediciation Vraylar is the direct culprit here. I decided on my own to stop taking it, hopefully within a few days it will be completely out my system, or atleast enough so that it doesnt hijack my appetite.


HERES THE PLAN

  1. We've already stopped the medication, check
  2. Abstain from sugar for 7 days, I fear these last few weeks have reawakened the beast of food addiction, in particular, sugar. To off set this I plan to abstain from all sugar for 7 days. A sugar detox if you will
  3. Water, drink at least 40oz of water a day. 2, set the notifications of my water-logging app WaterMinder to hourly. Its super annoying but I need to remember to hydrate and not to do it all at once. Needs to be spread out. this will keep me more aware and consistent.
  4. Occupy mind and self. Translation: no boredom eating. I definitely notice how boredom plays a role in my eating, to help spend some time, Ill Draw, read, play a game, watch a tv show I havent started, watch a movie, edit some photos, write. Do something when your mind starts to stray
  5. Dont buy or bring any food that can derail you into the house. No chips, No snack cakes, or sweets, no fast food
  6. Eat only whats in the house
  7. Avoid these foods in the house: Ice cream, cookies, pepsi zero, no more than 2 slices of bread a day if any
  8. Log everything I eat
  9. Portions everything possible with food scales.


This is the plan, wish me smooth sails.


Popular posts from this blog

Loose Skin

Extraction

Super Bowl Chow Down

Archive

Show more