Not-Friday-Day

Yesterday went totally perfect weight loss journey wise. I ate just over a thousand calories for the day, would have been more but that walk burned off a couple hundred. That day I went over my calories I blamed it mostly on my snacking, which was fair, but I didn't pay attention to my portions during breakfast that morning either. I had a bowl of Apple Jacks, normally when I eat cereal I fill the bowl to the top then add my milk. However when I looked at the box for servings per box, there were quite a lot, but the box only lasted two days between me and my mom. So the issue was that the bowls we were using equaled about 3 and a half servings each. So yesterday I made sure to use measuring cups to portion out my cereal, because 1 cup is a serving. It was a lot less than what I considered normal, but I was actually fine afterwards, and it felt good to know I was consuming a regular amount.

Today I meet the podiatrist, that should be insightful and hopefully rewarding in the long run. Yesterday I experienced some foot pain during and after the walk, though not too severe. It's kind of a rainy dreary day, so I may or may not go walking after my appointment this afternoon.

Comments

  1. I am laughing about the serving size because when I learned that a serving size of ice cream is 1/2 cup.....well, that is hardly worth getting the bowl out!
    Carry on Brandon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I don't see how you can do it man! That is such a miniscule amount of calories my friend. Have you gone to myfitnesspal and checked out their calorie suggestion counters. I know there are a bunch of websites that have them. You enter your current weight and stuff and then it tells you how many calories you should eat to lose weight. The calorie numbers differ depending on how many pounds you want to lose each week. Those things are pretty useful.

    I know you may have heard this already and I am the last guy who needs to be telling you what to do. So please forgive me if I come across as doing that. I just want to give a suggestion to help. I am open to suggestions as well. I don't know for certain, but I have heard many times that if your body doesn't get enough calories then it will actually stop weight loss. Something about your body goes into starvation mode and it starts conserving everything by slowing down your metabolism. That is the opposite of what you want. We need to find the sweet spot that keeps the metabolism moving. I'm not an expert, I don't know, I just know that sounds like very few calories for you. If you haven't already, just consider it as you keep moving forward. You have my support whatever you decide to do. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you explain starvation mode a bit more? I don't understand why some people get it and some don't. People who have weight loss surgery eat lower calories and they lose weight.

      It's very confusing.

      Delete
  3. I was so shocked when I first started measuring stuff. I couldn't believe how little a regular portion was! Took some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I value, and appreciated any and all feedback, and nothing goes unnoticed. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

🏋️‍♀️

All Hallows Eve, Eve

Tim Tams