The Journey Continues

I'm really liking my new glasses. They are very much me, I think.


Yesterday

My follow up with my doctor went well, my blood pressure is still high! But it's not too far from where it should be, she added some two-in-one medication that will replace an older one, so I'll be taking the same amount of pills. I'll have to follow up for a forth consecutive week, next week to see if this new combo finally balances me out. The good news is she didn't seem alarmed about anything and was glad progress had been made, and she didn't put me on a low sodium diet!

I skipped breakfast, and had a light lunch of baked chips and cheese sauce. For dinner I had a chicken wrap that included, lettuce, cheese sauce, shredded cheese, lite ranch, and bacon bits. I consumed a grand total of 1,439 calories burned 327 on my walk, my sodium was 3,708, so yes was over quite a bit.

Today.

I have therapy this afternoon, then going walking shortly after. I'm supposed to hang out at my buddies sometime this week, but I'm not sure if I'm up for it. I'm also still craving juicy hamburgers, and cheesy, pepperoni-y pizza as well as a lot of other things. I've been thinking a lot about those "cheat days" that so many rely on to keep them sane during there weight loss journeys. They have always seemed like luxuries to me. In my passed failed diets, I always had a cheat day once a month or ever two months if it lasted so long that such a timespan could even be possible. A Cheat day for me  always morphed into cheat days, into a cheat weekend, into a cheat week, into a month long "break" or "hiatus" that I would never recover from. Having a taste of the forbidden fruit again was too hard to give back up. That's why I can't allow myself "cheat days" because history tells me that they don't serve their purpose. I wish they could though.

My next milestone in weight milestone is 430, why? Because that's the highest weight my fitness watch goes up to, and then I'll actually be able to use it for more than just time.

Popular posts from this blog

Weight In: This Isn't A Victory

Coming Out With It Already

Whats On The Agenda Today? Drug Test

Archive

Show more