Homework For Therapy


Deservability exercise

Answer the following questions as best you can. They will help you understand the power of deservability

1. What do you want that that you're not having

A nice social life, having lots of supportive friends. Having things to do regularly. Going places, seeing things, enjoying life.

2. What were the rules/laws in your home about deserving? What did they tell you?

Honestly I do not know, it was a bit of a mixed bag, on one end I remember as a child that working hard for something means you deserve an award or praise, and if you were bad then the bad things that would inevitably happen to you were deserved. I was mostly spoiled so I actually didn't have to earn a lot of the things I deserved. I don't think my mother felt deserving, she had rather turbulent relationships both with family and her significant other, that I think made a lasting impression on her and the way she viewed herself.

3. Do you feel like you deserve?

Not really, I feel like things like love, happiness and success are reserved for the thin. I've felt like I deserved being miserable because of my weight. Although as I lose weight, I feel like I'm  working to be able to deserve and/or deserve a little more each time the scale goes down

4. Do you deserve to live

................

5. What do you have to live for?

...............

6. What do you deserve?

I don't know. Honestly I've hated how my life has played out the last 20 years, but part of me feels like it's what I deserved, punishment for being so big. I just don't know if I deserve anything good until I lose the weight. This is backed up by all the thin people of the world going on about there lives on a daily basis, mingling, chasing dreams, having fun, fitting in. That's not to say they don't have issues, but I wish I could go down to just being some guy with issues, but on top of my issues I have this weight, this socially crippling, criminal amount of weight. I'll always be the elephant in the room.

Popular posts from this blog

Move Along Move Along, Just To Make It Through

Weigh-in: Seeking Redemption Cove

Boring Weekend Nears Its End

Archive

Show more