Sodium, Ketchup and Calorie Goals



Yesterday

For breakfast, you guessed it, Apple Jacks. I fasted till dinner and then had some honey battered chicken tenders and baked fries. Then snacked on some Cheezits and Wheat Thins. I consumed a grand total of 1,490 calories, and my sodium would have been just below again, but I didn't notice till after though that my mom had sprinkled a little salt over the fries, which means I went over my sodium goal by a couple hundred.

Therapy went well, we basically got things processed for the coming weeks, I do like my therapist, she's alright. We didn't get into much the first day, but she did give me homework, and made me say the following sentence out loud five times "I'm willing to make changes in my life" which was actually difficult, obviously I'm willing to make changes, I've been on a weightloss journey, but there was something about hearing my self out loud say those words. It felt so positive, which made me uncomfortable, hearing myself be positive. Obviously I have a long way to go with therapy. Anywho Wednesday's are my official therapy days, and I'm suppose to repeat that sentence five times a day!

Today

I have my follow-up appointment with the doctor in just over an hour, then later on I have the foot casting/molding at the podiatrists, then later in the afternoon me and my friend are going to hit the walking path at the park again. The end of the week approaches, and I'm excited because I'm totally sick of eating below 1,500 calories! It's been a long week, and I want something that's rich in sugar (please!!!!!!)! I'll have to wait till the weekend, where my only goal is to stay below my default goal of 3,610. All that said, I still have two days to go, and today the goal remains to stay below 1,500 calories, and consume below my sodium goal (2,300mg)

Staying below 1,500 hasn't been too difficult in part because that sodium goal, it's amazing how quickly it adds up, and how it's basically in everything. I'm the kind of person who used to pour a nice helping of ketchup on my plate with my fries, but now I have to make a single tablespoon last, which is loaded with 160mg of sodium, so I can't imagine how much sodium I was consuming from ketchup in years past.

Popular posts from this blog

Weight In: This Isn't A Victory

Coming Out With It Already

Whats On The Agenda Today? Drug Test

Archive

Show more