Not Feeling Well At All!



Yesterday was sort of horrible. That dull sinking feeling in my stomach was more intense and was with me the entire day again. I was so uncomfortable, at one point I decided to take a nap, which lasted less than an hour. I did not have a fever, but this anchor feeling in my stomach reminds me of the flu. When I went walking with my friend I could tell I wasn't going to be able to walk the full track, in fact I had to stop and sit at a bench once because I was both exhausted and struggling to breathe. We did just over a mile total.bhad to cut it short.

For breakfast I struggled through a bowl of raisin bran cereal, and honestly I felt so icky that I had planned to skip eating anything else the rest of the day, but I decided to have dinner after all. I had chicken tenders and fries. I consumed a grand total of 940 calories and was well below my sodium goal. It's not ideal I know.

Today

I had the worst nights sleep since I've been home from the hospital, in fact, I can't recall a worse nights sleep this year, even in January when I got sick with that deathly cold. My stomach hurt, I was tossing and turning, waking up every few hours. Still, no fever I don't know what's going on. I have an eye appointment this morning, possible new lenses in my future. After thinking it over, I'm going to be taking Pollys advice and add back my full calorie weekends, last weekend I announced it would be the last in an effort to exit the 500s faster in the next three weeks, but now I have to retract that. On the agenda today, trying to survive this mystery illness.

Comments

  1. Yes, get on the mend and then you can worry about calories and exercise. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, sadly it's been a rough day :(

      Delete
  2. Don't worry about not eating enough calories when you are sick if your stomach doesn't want them. Just rest and recover. And a lot of people say a high calorie day a week helps stop the body go into starvation mode. I still don't really have a plan for myself, so many choices and different advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Brandon...I hope you are beginning to feel better by now. There is a lot of stomach flu going around this year. Just to clear up my suggestion you mentioned, I recommended one day per week of higher calories. Two straight days can mess up the whole week's progress, and I would hate to see all that effort go to waste. Of course, it's totally up to you what you actually do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know, I just can't do the high-calorie thing I don't think I could control myself not to absuse it. For me "high" is my default amount 3,610. So I guess I'm only partially taking your advice.

      Delete
  4. Oh, right...by high, I meant your default high, not 5000+ LOL. That would totally derail you. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! Being in sick is so frustrating! Aside from the effects of the sick itself, there are also psychological effects which can cause to more severe illnesses. I hope you're already good now. In any way, thanks for sharing this! All the best to you!

    Betsy Collyer @ US Health Works

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I value, and appreciated any and all feedback, and nothing goes unnoticed. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

#FaceToFace Friday

🏋️‍♀️

Round Tres